New Rifle, Cases are sticking

desertjunkie

I just had my first custom gun made and got to take it out on Sunday. I loaded up new Hornady brass, Hogden 4831 at 47.5 gr, Berger VLD 140 gr projectile and a 210 primer. Everything that I know and that is not a lot, is this is a min load for this gun. The gun is a 6.5x284 with a 26" shillian barrel on a Remington 700 action. I know it needs to go back to the smith but does anybody have an explanation for me. I have to hit the bolt handle with alight but good hit to eject the case?

Stop shooting it immediately. Excess neck tension can cause serious pressure problems which is what it sounds like with your bolt sticking. You run a high risk of seriously damaging your rifle and possibly to yourself as well.

You're probably going to have to either have him open it up to a "no turn neck" chamber or start turning your brass to match the chamber specifications.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.