new rifle

angus-5024

Money is a big issue. so without accessories, just gun, i need to go as cheap as possible. only interested in the bigger stuff (ie. 300rum, 338edge).
This rifle is going to replace my .340wby Mk VI, it is my only rifle! I need it as versitile as possible, but long range is the goal.
so heres my thoughts on several builds/modified stock rifles. stock must be synthetic. action must be stainless.

rem senduro 300ultra mag
DE brake
DE cheek peice
this build makes the most sense to me because everything is good quality, but it is a little heavy for alpine or still hunting. plus I dont rely like the palm swell on the stock.

rem XCR LRT
change bolt face to 300rum
chang out the magazine to accomidate
DE Brake
DE cheekpeice
alot of work for the rum but i really like the stock

find a cheap savage action w/ accutrigger or order a blank action
change bolt face and follower to 300rum
shilen pre-chambered barrel 28" .338 edge (not sure if they offer that cal.)
HS stock

keep the .340 and work with what i got (new stock from somwhere, the stock one is crap!)

see my problem is that I find the senduro/target style rifles to heavy, but the sporter styles way to light. I liked the the XCR LRT quite a bit, but wrong calibers. Alot of confussion but one gun has gotta do it all! Another problem is that I live in Canada where everything to do with firearms is another 35%-50% extra.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.