Discussion about bullets, tumbling and expanding

Poor BC no problem...F4 phantom 2...proof of thrust over aerodynamics...

More powder..more velocity..a Mach 2 brick...doesn't care....

I know ....I know....my tongue is firmly planted in cheek...

Good grief!

Never thought I'd see core bonded boat tail polymer tipped bullets described as a boring option! 🤣

Now I gotta break the news to my 270 win swift scirocco reloads that they're old news, boring, basic!!!
Wait a minute. Let's add the Super Doppler verified heat shield tip. Then it becomes interesting again. Or we could personalize the boat tail portion with our initials.
I'm pretty old school. I really liked Corelokts. Still do within reasonable distances. It probably says it best when I say my favorite broadhead is still a 4 blade Zwickey Eskimo on a Burch shaft with real Turkey feathers I ground myself launched by my 57 pound zebrawood over bamboo homemade longbow with a purple heart riser. I call her Ernestine. She wasn't purty but she sure was strong. We were quite tough together on hogs. We got exits too! If only I could still draw a bow.

I do sometimes put away away the "easy mode" rifles and will drag out a classic rifle, or even to some a relic and dust off old skills and get into the weeds with whatever I want to hunt.

The old bullets the Norma Alaskan, Remington Bronze Points, Herters Bullets, Brennekes various bullets, Lapua, Kynoch and others I can't remember off the top of my head even some small custom makers who have come and gone.

I wish I had stocked up on more than a few of them.

I do sometimes put away away the "easy mode" rifles and will drag out a classic rifle, or even to some a relic and dust off old skills and get into the weeds with whatever I want to hunt.

The old bullets the Norma Alaskan, Remington Bronze Points, Herters Bullets, Brennekes various bullets, Lapua, Kynoch and others I can't remember off the top of my head even some small custom makers who have come and gone.

I wish I had stocked up on more than a few of them.
I actually liked the bronze points. Killed one of the biggest whitetails I've ever killed with them. I had a lot of older stuff, Herters, Alcan, Eley, Pacific, Peters, Hercules, Winchester Ranger, Xpert, and Mark 5. I lost a lot of it in a 1000 year level flood that flooded the first and second story of my house. The water came up so fast I simply couldn't get it all. I still use a lot of LC Match brass from the 60s, 70s, and 80s in 7.62 x 51. I still have some of the original Ballistic Tips in 270. The first box of them I ever saw in a store. The ones that were very explosive. I use them now in downloaded loads at around 2750fps. They do a great job at that muzzle velocity. At 3000 plus they made a huge mess.

Seeing another bullet construction thread on the horizon
F1791306-2D7D-48D7-8C92-F5E2B9FB017C.gif

The new ones are certainly different.
shot a doe with a 160gr .284 today around 2850fps impact velocity.
Great penetration and controlled expansion, pass through the ribs.
Lungs turned to liquid.👍
These were some of the first batch of Balistic Tips Nosler ever released. Shortly thereafter word got around that they were a bit to fragile and I think Nosler very quickly toughened them up. Mine are mid 80s production I think. They were violent. Definitely not the same construction as the more current version.

They certainly were cool. But here I was shooting only a 270 and yellow is one of my least favorite colors.
However, I do wish every company would use a different color tip for different calibers. Especially with me using a 6.5-06 in 270 and 30-06 brass.