Security Systems

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We have had ADT Security for 20+ years. We had the system upgraded to Cell about 10 years ago.
Now our aging system is no longer worth upgrading. Basically need all new components.
Spoke with ADT last year and since we are an existing customer we don't qualify for any discounts on a new system. Now we have been paying a monthly fee of $30-40 since 1997 and a new customer that has not paid anything gets a discount, but us paying probably $10K over 26 years in premiums get no discount.
Now I know that ADT is the Best Security systems,
What is everyone else using???
Thanks
Len & Jill

Funny, I have a former employer that cared more about hiring than retention too.

What service is ADT offering that you still want? In the era of Ring cameras and over the counter security systems, is there a do it yourself solution that would be more like a one time investment that perhaps runs of your internet?

The Ring and motion activated lights. My wife and I are both lite sleepers, if an outside light goes off, one of us is investigating. The ring only helps us see trespassers

Simplisafe on the gun shop. I put up all the window stickers and yard sign too.

My first and only last false alarm the other night, took 16 mins for dispatch to call and verify validity of alarm. Burglars could have cleaned the place out before anything happened.

well on thing I have to say is ADT is Johny on the Spot.
Several times Jill and I were gone for an evening and had family come over to let Samson out at night and in the morning..
Samson is BIG 145-150#s and set the motion sensor off. ADT Called us ASAP and Had the Sherrif dept looking over the windows/doors.
ADT has great service and response times, but $$$$

I do think that signs and visible cameras are a deterrent
We have some good signs (can't find them right now).

I use Blink cameras. Have them all around my house. They are wireless and the batteries seem to last forever. They send a picture to my cell phone as soon as it is captured. If there is an issue, you can call 911 immediately if you aren't at home or pick up the 870 if you are.

I use Blink cameras. Have them all around my house. They are wireless and the batteries seem to last forever. They send a picture to my cell phone as soon as it is captured. If there is an issue, you can call 911 immediately if you aren't at home or pick up the 870 if you are.
We do have Blink around our house and they go off a lot. Also a delay from the picture/video to the phone.

We do have Blink around our house and they go off a lot. Also a delay from the picture/video to the phone.

Curious that you have a delay. Mine is very much real time. May be a few seconds delay but not long at all. There may be adjustment in the re-strike time for the capture/send.