Secret "wildcat bullet club".

4ked Horn

Secret \"wildcat bullet club\".

There seems to be one and I'm not in it. I did a google search for them and did not find them. Where can I find out about what sizes and weights they have and all the other good gun geek info?

They should have called themselves the "Humongus albino bull elk" bullet company. That would have guaranteed that I NEVER found them.

Re: Secret \"wildcat bullet club\".

4ked Horn,

Wildcat Bullets does not have a web site, just drop Richard an e-mail and he will get back with you on all your questions, hell of a guy and alot of fun to work with.

Kirby Allen(50)

Hey Matt and Kirby,

I thought we voted at the last meeting to stop letting people in? Especially ones of "questionable character".

Oh, wait a second...I think I am starting to understand what happened....that was ME you were referring to when you guys said "questionable character".

Never mind 4ked Horn, I was mistaken again. Welcome to the Club. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jim

hE MAKES SOME AMAZING BULLETS. mE AND A BUDDY OF MINE HAVE JUST STARTED SHOOTING HIS STUFF AND I AM STILL AMAZED AT WHAT HE CAN MAKE. i AHVE ALREADY RECOMMENDED HIM TO PEOPLE AT MY BUISINESS.

I ordered my first box a week ago today.
225gr ULDRBBT in .308
Richard said bc should be around .740
to put that in prespective...
Berger 210gr .640
SMK 220gr .655
Smk 240gr .711
Wildcat 225gr .740
There is a pound of H1000, a pound of h4831, and 30 freshly prepped pieces of brass eagerly awaiting their arrival. I will report when there is holes in paper.Should be interesting.....
Who do I talk to about getting a membership card?

Waltech

My bad LOL. I have been in a good mood lately and forgot. Sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't worry 4ked horn I didn't get a membership either but will soon be getting a box of wild cats to poke down the tube of my RUM when I get it back from Kirby! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Aww gee willacres fellahs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Thanks for letting me in the club. This is going to be swell.

Befor I pester this nice man about his bullets do you guys have a reccomendation on one of his bullets for the same purposes as my survey post. That is long range chucks and rocks and steel in preparation for LR deer. I'm shooting a Rem VLS in .308 win. I have been VERY interested in the 175gr Sierra match kings suggested by abinok so something similar would be cool.

Or are these wildcats only target bullets?

4ked Horn, I am not a card carrying member of this "Wildcat Bullet Club" either.

However, even without the card, Richard confirmed that he posted my order on the 15th February, so I am now starting to get a little twitchy, as the boat with the package floats across the "big pond" to Oz.

My initial order contains some 80 and 85 grain ULD's in 224, and 130 BCHP, and 142 ULD's in 257, and I certainly am looking forward to testing them. Brian.

Horn,
If you really want to join the club you have to call Richard and talk to him, he is his own best salesman since he loves what he is doing and he knows the answers.
As for accuracy, the answer is yes -- his bullets are for real.
He makes bonded hunting bullets as well as target style bullets, they shoot.
STL,
I do not know what the B.C. would be but have no reason not to accept what data is given. I do know that Wildcat bullets are being used in a lot of long range competition up here in Canada - with excellent results. If we ever get rid of the snow I will do some drops and down range chronographing, too much whitestuff and then mud for a while tho.

Well guys I'm offically in the club. I called him and spoke with him and learned alot about what he is producing. It is all interesting and educational and I'm very glad I made the call.

He did say that the most reliable way to contact him is with email as he checks it 5 times daily. Phone calls are ok but he often has to let it go to voice mail and call you back. The best time to call if you must speak to him (which he does not mind) is in the evenings since he is a farmer and a welder as well as a bullet maker and he is less busy in the evenings.

Now I'm looking hard at getting some 175 grain VLD rebated boat tails with a .030 wall, nonbonded with a slightly open meplat. It's a mouthfull but the jacket should work nicely on deer out to reasonable .308 distances and the slightly open meplat should open enough on longer range chucks. The tail and VLD profile and 175 weight should make it have a .958 BC according to him.

JUST KIDDING ON THE BC. HE MADE NO SUCH CLAIM. Don't get yer bloomers in a knot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The price was extremely reasonable. Not cheap. Reasonable. Just slightly more than an accubond but it included est shipping.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.