Wildcat bullet BC

The site is running now (somewhat).
There is only three bullet choices.
He is filling the backorders on the 7mm 200gr. first before he moves forward with the others.

A G1 BC of .9? HOLY S--- !!!!!!!

Depending on the velocity that you can drive the 200s to, start at .900 and if you can drive them up to 3200 to 3300 fps you will be very happy with the adjustments you will have to make. Remember this is with a G1 drag form. I'd suggest you convert it to a G7 form and use that as the results will be much closer.

Before there was much if any "real world experience" with them I bought some and tried them and have been using them since 2005. I've killed several deer from under 100 yards to just under 900 yards and never recovered a bullet and never had a deer move out of his tracks. All bang flops. The performance under 100 yards, as far as entrance and exit holes and damage goes, was repeated on the long shots. Have hit ribs with them on deer but they were never affected by the ribs that I could tell.

This is a picture of a spike elk I shot with them at just under 700 yards. He was facing me and quartering slightly to the left. Bullet entered the left side of his neck, the area where his neck and left front quarter meet, destroyed pretty much everything in his chest cavity, traveled the full length of the body, came out under the hide on the right rear behind the ribs and entered the right rear quarter. Bang flop.

DSC01926Small.jpg
DSC01926Small.jpg
DSC01926Small.jpg

DSC01930Small.jpg
DSC01930Small.jpg

Do some searching and you'll find that Buffalobob has threads with a bull and a cow elk using the Wildcats plus some long range Antelope kills as well.

I can say however that I wouldn't recommend them for grouse because if the shot isn't perfect they just go "poof". :)

You might want to take a look at Matrix Bullets. They appear to be about the same thing. Northwest Custom Projectile will also make similar bullets. Both of these companies will sell and ship bullets quickly. I haven't heard a thing from Wildcat either. Nevertheless, Wildcat bullets were the bomb out of my 300 RUM back in the day. I think I used a BC of around .570 for the 190 .30 cal.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.