Secret to getting Nosler ABLRs to shoot?

The LRAB have got to be the worst bullets I have shot , I know they shoot for some but I have shot over 100 of them in different weights and calibers and have never had suucess. The first box of eldx I bought and loaded and shot grouped half MoA. I have lots of buddies that tried the lrab with no luck either.

I Posted on this a few days ago as my 6.5-06 bullet of choice is the 142gr LR accubond. "The rifle I am referencing is a M70 chambered in 6.5-06; 24" Douglas barrel. The 142gr LR Accubonds settled in at 1/3 MOA with 59grs of Retumbo, CCI 200 primers, 0.015 off lands at 3130 fps. Using necked down Lapua 30-06 cases (2.490", necks turned)." It is sighted in at 300 yards and shoots 1" groups on a calm mornings off a concrete table using a lead sled. My experience with the LR accubond is that if you spin them fast they will dial in. My 1:8 270 will shoot the 150gr LR Accubonds but I had no success with a 1:10 twist

Engineering101

Yes. 6.5-06 is 1:8 twist. I tried every usable powder in my shop before the Retumbo. That was the answer. Velocity and accuracy jumped. Actually pushed it to 3200 before cases got a little sticky. Backed off a little and have been using this combination for some time now with no problems

I use the 142 LRAB in my 264. Running at 3225 in Nosler brass and WLRM primers and RL33 powder I'm getting .4" groups @ 100. They open up a little at 600 shooting just over a 3" group. 1-9 twist factory barreled Mod. 70 sporter 26". Loads are .15 off the lands.
Seems the Accubonds and LRAB's both like a bit of jump. At least in my rifles they do.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.