scope size

bowhntr04

I have a 7mm rem mag on the way. I'm mostly a bowhntr with minimal high power experience, owned mostly 30-30. I know the 7 mag can take the long poke. I have a new Nikon Pro staff 3x9x40, but it's the silver model and will look pretty silly on this wood and black matte gun. thinking about jumping up in power just a bit to 4x12 or more. I'm in KS and my longest shot would be 300 yrds, not like you Western guys going WAY out. Would I be okay with a 3x9? I'd like a smaller obj so i can mount low. Any thoughts?

I agree the 3-9 is great for what you want. If you're wanting to mount it even lower or you're just wanting a new scope, the Nightforce 2.5-10x32 would work great for you. It's on my "to-buy short list."

All great info
just one thing I allways add on 200 or 300 yards to what I think my max distance for a rifle is that way when I want alittle more its there
retiredcpo

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.