Scope Options for 7-270WSM under $2K

95huskers

I'm looking for a scope to hang on a 7-270 WSM build. I currently use a Nightforce NXS 5-22x50 on another gun. It's ok, but I wouldn't say I'm head over heels crazy about it either. Is there another scope out there I should be taking a look at in that same price range or is that Nightforce the way to go? I like the weight of the Swarovski Z5 but wasn't sure on their turret setup for long shots...

I'm looking for a scope to hang on a 7-270 WSM build. I currently use a Nightforce NXS 5-22x50 on another gun. It's ok, but I wouldn't say I'm head over heels crazy about it either. Is there another scope out there I should be taking a look at in that same price range or is that Nightforce the way to go? I like the weight of the Swarovski Z5 but wasn't sure on their turret setup for long shots...
If you are looking for something better than the NF you wont find it asking questions on here. You definitely need to go IN PERSON and compare the stuff face to face. I traveled 700 miles and spent 3 days comparing glass in 15 different stores before I made a choice.
Forum talk is talk. Your EYES are your EYES. If the NXS isn't pulling your trigger, you are a GLASS SNOB and really need to look thru something before you decide, any advice we could give will be basically useless.
And BTW I am a GLASS SNOB as well. Different SCOPES for different FOLKS.

Like you the NXS is not for me. The Swarovski Z6 has great glass as a family member has one and it is clear and lightweight. I am not a fan of the reticles

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.