Scope Mounts for Mark 4 on a Rem 700

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by KurtB, Sep 7, 2011.

1. KurtB

KurtB Well-Known Member

Wanting to put a 4.5-14x50, Leupold 54660 on my custom Rem in 257. It is a fairly large scope. Rifle specs are Mcmillan Classic stock, standard fill, Hart #4 fluted and finished at 26" and lefthanded. What one piece base and rings would be recommended for holding that scope without being overly heavy? Rifle without scope goes around 7.5 pounds. Suggestions as all I have run are one piece lightweight Talleys.

2. dig

dig Well-Known Member

Murphy Precission, titanium. Great product and people to work with.

3. Tikka Lover

Tikka Lover Official LRH SPONSOR

How bout keep it all Leupold? I have Mark 4 bases and Mark 4 rings, all aluminum, pretty light and strong.

Shoot-Long.com > Long Range Shooting

4. KurtB

KurtB Well-Known Member

I am new to anything tactical so will check both those out. Thanks for info.

5. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

Southpaws Unite! lol Sorry, check out the NightForce Direct Mount, one piece construction 0 or 20moa cant & NightForce quality. You are looking at about $250 for the setup, which isn't cheap, but considering what it's holding on to, well worth it.

Attached Files:

6. jmden

jmden Well-Known Member

Check out NightForce lightweight rings and bases or Seekins Precision for same. I've been very happy with Seekins Precision lightweight Pic rails and scope rings and the price is more reasonable.