Scope mounting trouble.

Jacob Paul

730BC133-E203-49B4-84A8-4E57959A4E5C.jpeg
0E479637-7ACF-4B88-9FC5-EF2004179F36.jpeg
I recently purchased a Riton RTS mod 5 4-16x50 to put on a Browning Xbolt Medallion for a friend. When I went to check the scope height in the rings I noticed that the scope rings are too far apart. The front ring is sitting on the taper up to the objective body of the scope. There isn't any way to mount the rings closer. The only fix that I can think of is buying a Picatinny rail and a new set of rings so I can mount the scope rings closer together. I would prefer not to spend another $80 on a base and that much again on a new set of rings. Any suggestions?

View attachment 158423 View attachment 158424 I recently purchased a Riton RTS mod 5 4-16x50 to put on a Browning Xbolt Medallion for a friend. When I went to check the scope height in the rings I noticed that the scope rings are too far apart. The front ring is sitting on the taper up to the objective body of the scope. There isn't any way to mount the rings closer. The only fix that I can think of is buying a Picatinny rail and a new set of rings so I can mount the scope rings closer together. I would prefer not to spend another $80 on a base and that much again on a new set of rings. Any suggestions?
Talley lighweights should fix the problem. They have a little bit of an offset.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.