scope mounting problem

YZEATER

warning long.

300 RUM sendero. scope, nikon 6 x 20 x 44 monarch. burris double dovetail mounts with posi align inserts. problem, doesn't have enough windage adjustment. we started with +20 (bottom) and -20 moa insert in the back ring. it didn't have enough elevation adjustment to get on at 100 yards. so i put +5 (bottom) and -5 moa in the front ring. got some elevation adjustment but was shooting way off to the right. couldn't get enough windage. i know each adjustment affects the other if you get to either max adjustment range. if i had it turned right all the way i would loose some elevation adjustment. so i took the +10 and -10 moa inserts and put the + 10 on the left side and -10 on the right side, so as to give me some windage adjustment in the front ring (i still had the +20 in the rear bottom. i was able to get it on at 100 yards but only had 5 MOA adjustment to the right, it wasn't close to center. i'm going to buy another insert kit and put the +20 on the left side and -20 on the right side in the front ring. the mounting holes for the bases must be way off is all i can figure. am i going about this in the correct manner? once i get it on at 100 yds. is it going to line up at all ranges?

Somthing seems to me to be WAY off , if you were using rings without incerts you would be screwed. I'de check to see if the scope holes in the action are strait I've heard of them being off. But somthing is definatly way out of wack. you should now need any aditional incerts to get on the paper at 100yds with either the windage or elevation.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.