Scope mount advice needed for new 300 RUM

yazoomark

Hey folks, I've been lurking here a while now and have enjoyed all of the useful information. I recently purchased a sendero in 300RUM along with a Leupold vx-3 4x14 50mm obj. 30mm tube. My buddy is encouraging me to get a one piece piccatiny rail for the scope mount. My questions are 1) will the rail mount affect the ejection of the spent cartridge? 2) are some 1913 rails better than others and why? 3) what are the advantages to a rail vs. two piece mounts.
Thanks for any input. I'm sure I will have more questions to follow.
Mark

Last edited:
I have the nightforce 1 piece 20 moa rail, I think with it being 1 piece then you don't have to worry about things not quite lining up, but there are others on here that know more then me. There are cheaper brands of rails. But for me it was a matter of price. You will not be unhappy with a nightforce setup. If I can ever sell my sendero it will not be included. Get rid of my sendero and get a nice light 7MM Rem Mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.