Scope MOA Question.

Roy since there are actually 3 input screens to compute this chart I will have to do it later. Possibly this evening. I will start over with a new chart that has a 100 yard zero. In fact I will start a whole new post in Bullets Barrels and Ballistics.

I will do my best to make it like a tutorial on using the sites calculator. (If I have time)

Why don't you post (here) your known load info (cartridge, bullet, weight, BC, Muzzle velocity, clicks per MOA for your scope and the actual height of the center of the scope from the bore of your rifle. This way the info will be relevant to your gun so it makes more sence.

Oh, and include your shooting altitude as well.

This IS easy and I'm going to prove it to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
it will only give you like 0.25, 0.50, 0.75, meaning MOA+decimals of MOA

[/ QUOTE ]
I prefer that as well. That's how I have my spreadsheet automatically generate the dropcharts.

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you post (here) your known load info (cartridge, <font color="blue">338 RUM </font> bullet, <font color="blue">Sierra 250 Game King </font> weight, <font color="blue">250gr </font> BC, <font color="blue">0.587 </font> Muzzle velocity, <font color="blue">2950fps </font> clicks per MOA <font color="blue"> 1/8 MOA/click </font> for your scope and the actual height of the center of the scope from the bore of your rifle <font color="blue">1.90" </font> . This way the info will be relevant to your gun so it makes more sence.

Oh, and include your shooting altitude as well.<font color="blue"> 4550' </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I already have downloaded the Pocket PC portion of the code, quite a while back, but have never fully implemented the concept.

Jon A,
It got my mind going asking my self I would make a spread sheet generate to the closest 1/4" once I had the MOA value generated. Well... It's a trip! to say the least. Assuming that in B3 CELL I have the MOA value generated and in D3 I have =B3-TRUNC(B3) which truncates the decimals from the integer. On F3 I had the MOA generated to the closest 1/4"... all that work just for that? I'll let you do the programming!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ohq0rp.jpg

Is there a shorter way?

Please exCuse me for getting off the subject!

Jon A,
Classic example of complicating the garbage out of something simple. If I was smarter I would have known that multiplying by four, rounding to zero and dividing by four was all I had to do. I tested it and both ways work exactly the same but I'm embarrassed how hard my stupidity made me work. Lesson learned. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Eaglet

Hey POP just send the scope to Leupold and have them install
an elevation target knob on that scope , that will make your life a lot easier , geia sou Foti megale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Glad I could help, Eaglet. Sometimes even simple things can be hard to find without another set of eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.