Scope is sliding in Vortex rings? Garbage rings??

Buy you a set of Burris Signature XTR Rings and you will wonder why you didn't think of it before. I used to think they were a sales gimmick until I tried them. They will not mark your scope and they will hold the scope with no movement. This is all I use now.
I use the XTR Signature Rings. They have the inserts and 6 screws on top of each ring. They also have a Signature Z Rings with the inserts but I like the XTR better.
You can find them cheaper than this but these are the rings I'm talking about. They will do what Burris says. Good Luck to You whichever way you go. That's a pain in the butt with scopes sliding.
I agree 100%. These are the best rings I have used. It doesn't take much torque on the screws to get these rings to properly hold the scope. And a big benefit with these rings is being able to cant the scope within the rings, thus eliminating the need for a 20 degree base and being able to keep the reticle in the optical center.

I agree 100%. These are the best rings I have used. It doesn't take much torque on the screws to get these rings to properly hold the scope. And a big benefit with these rings is being able to cant the scope within the rings, thus eliminating the need for a 20 degree base and being able to keep the reticle in the optical center.
I've used them on a couple rifles including a 22LR to cant the scope even more on top of a 20moa rail to be able to max out scope travel

Don't bed either the rail or the rings without a release agent on one of the two surfaces…you might have a need to take them off in the future and that is a pain. Plus, it doesn't buy you anything.

You've been given a few ways to fix it, use one of those or buy new rings but don't lock everything together. Doing so only fixes the symptom of the problem all while creating a completely different problem to deal with in the future.

Good luck!

Does anyone know what is causing my scope to slide towards to recoil pad of the gun? You can see the shift marks where the scope was originally mounted in the attached pictures.

This is the second time that these Vortex Precision Match Grade rings have done this to me. They are loctited and torqued to Vortex specs. Is the recoil on my .300WM too much for these rings (I wouldn't think so)? It's about impossible to develop a load when a scope is moving lol.

At this point, I'm seriously considering sidelining these rings and buying myself a set of Hawkins.

How much could this slight shift change POI?
Did you clean the scope and rings with some alcohol or brake cleaner to get all the oil off? A lite film of gun oil can cause it to move.

when I setup scopes for safari calibers I use liquid electrical tape on the rings. problem solved, comes off the scope with little work if you want to change out glass

Does anyone know what is causing my scope to slide towards to recoil pad of the gun? You can see the shift marks where the scope was originally mounted in the attached pictures.

This is the second time that these Vortex Precision Match Grade rings have done this to me. They are loctited and torqued to Vortex specs. Is the recoil on my .300WM too much for these rings (I wouldn't think so)? It's about impossible to develop a load when a scope is moving lol.

At this point, I'm seriously considering sidelining these rings and buying myself a set of Hawkins.

Never had a issue with these rings either, would be interested if you don't send them back but if you lock tighted them on the screws could be messed up now,

Go with seekins precision rings they make rings for vortex they are pricey but well worth it