Scope from Burris

Yep the ad makes it sound better than it is I think.But I could be wrong.
I have some good scopes and as long as I range them and use the exact same bullet and exact same load I can make a dope card and do the same thing way faster.Like others have said the elk or mulies will be in another county by the time I range them,check my app and dial the scope,recheck for wind corrections etc.I don't know.Still wondering if it would be worth it.
In TimberWolf country here in Mn you might have at times mere seconds to fire a shot, & a squirrel 🐿️ can make a deer jump & run
Knowing your rifle is the best rule

To keep it CO hunting legal, it can't have a LRF in it nor can it have a "computer chip" that does any calculations.

That's why the SIG bdx series is legal in CO but the eliminator series is not---- if it has a LRF or a chip that does calculations--- then it turns your rifle into a "smart rifle"-- which is not legal for CO hunting. If they keep all the calculations in the app and just use the Bluetooth to communicate- then its still co hunting legal. BUT a few years ago, co cpw said they were going to review "Bluetooth" scopes to see if they would change their designation over to smart rifle also--- I havent heard any updates, but if they do this then the bdx series and this one won't be allowed anymore

It looks like it's supposed to compete against the bdx series scopes to me

Yep the ad makes it sound better than it is I think.But I could be wrong.
I have some good scopes and as long as I range them and use the exact same bullet and exact same load I can make a dope card and do the same thing way faster.Like others have said the elk or mulies will be in another county by the time I range them,check my app and dial the scope,recheck for wind corrections etc.I don't know.Still wondering if it would be worth it.
You don't use the app while hunting. The app is used to send your ballistic profile to the scope before you head out. Once you ready to shoot your animal, you range, then you don't have to take your eye out of the scope to check your turret. Would be super handy especially if you had a buddy calling out range for you, your eye would never need to leave the scope.

Last edited:
I have played with these and tested at our local range day. Takes the steps out of dope card and multiple reference. You can range and then dial while getting target acquisition, settle and fire. Oregon Legal, as it doesn't project a dot like SIG BDX, it's actually dialing, but HUD shows the yards based on your dial. Integrated electric and manual dial.

The one in shot in a 6.5 PRC tracked great was able to sit and dial from 100-900 and everywhere in between on 8" steel plates, one shot hits.

Might not be for everyone, but it is a nice new release. No, it doesn't range, but not many scopes do.

We all aren't as "old fashioned" as RumMan😜! But if it works for you don't change just for changes sake!

I have played with these and tested at our local range day. Takes the steps out of dope card and multiple reference. You can range and then dial while getting target acquisition, settle and fire. Oregon Legal, as it doesn't project a dot like SIG BDX, it's actually dialing, but HUD shows the yards based on your dial. Integrated electric and manual dial.

The one in shot in a 6.5 PRC tracked great was able to sit and dial from 100-900 and everywhere in between on 8" steel plates, one shot hits.

Might not be for everyone, but it is a nice new release. No, it doesn't range, but not many scopes do.

We all aren't as "old fashioned" as RumMan😜! But if it works for you don't change just for changes sake!

I don't think it's Oregon legal. I bought one out of curiosity and sent it back. Oregon says it's can't communicate with another device. You can but don't have to bluetooth your dope into the scope. The fact that it can do that makes it illegal according to the rules. Which is stupid in my opinion. The bottom of the bell has a plastic cover on the bottom. That bothered me.

IMG_1937.jpeg

Per OSP it is Oregon legal, as it doesn't communicate with a device via Bluetooth in the field. You load your ballistic data via Bluetooth in the comfort of your warm home and then you go out and hunt. Your rangefinder doesn't communicate with it, you have to manually dial, thus it meets requirements and legal us in Oregon.

We had an OSP officer at the range day and everybody was asking the same question.

That's good to know. Didn't have OSP here to clarify that for me. That's what made sense to me also. You only load your dope once, and you wouldn't be doing that in the field. Just went off the above info.

I have found over the years that the more I relied on technology I started to loose my natural ability to know ranges from 100-500 yards by looking..pointing...doing a mental holdover and shooting! This new desire to shoot at elr definitely needs some assistance.....but relying on batteries and cell phones to do it all....just isn't for me...too many variables and not because I'm older now....a rangefinder ( decent one) is a true asset...after that...dope it and send it! Just me!