Featured Burris scopes?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by DXHI, Dec 4, 2018 at 2:16 AM.

1. DXHI

DXHI Well-Known Member

Had alot of ads pop up here recently..anybody familiar with them.
    I love my night force and really like my vortex and leupold. How do they compare

2. manitou

manitou Well-Known Member

I have about a half dozen of them. Great scopes for the money. Never had one fail me.
    I never did a side-by-side comparison with my Leupold VX5s, VX3is or Nikons... but they have always been good enough.
    They have a heck of a warranty too.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018 at 9:50 AM
  3. gohring3006

gohring3006 Well-Known Member

I have xtr2 on a lapua. It’s never failed me. Some say the glass is sub par, after adjusting the ocular focus using the method for ffp scopes, it’s just as good as my elite tacticals.

4. 257Tony

257Tony Well-Known Member

Good scopes. Sold off my viper for a veracity, better scope imo, and less money

Diamondback, gohring3006 and Dosh like this.
  5. ShtrRdy

ShtrRdy Well-Known Member

Burris has been around many years. They are an american company that manufactures overseas. Originally they built their scopes in the US but ultimately had to move production offshore to remain competitive.

6. llbts1

llbts1 New Member

Good solid scope with great warranty. I own 4. Never an issue.

7. DXHI

DXHI Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I pulled the plug and ordered one. Should be here soon

8. Diamondback

Diamondback Active Member

Veracity 2-10 or 3-15 are very nice optics for the cost.

I rate them higher than mid Nikon or mid Vortex.

Burris fullfield 2-7x on AR's not running DOPE / data as lower hunting optics.
    6.8 SPC, AR 308 variations. If you run DOPE - dial turrets - go up to a Veracity or XTR.

9. barleydog

barleydog Well-Known Member

I just got my xrsii….I love that scope

gohring3006 and Diamondback like this.
  10. Phillygunner

Phillygunner Well-Known Member

Burris, like a lot scope manufacturers has numerous different lines of scopes for different objectives. I use a Burris MTAC 1-4x in the woods, on the ground, fighting wild boars. It works great. I use a Burris XTRII 4-20x on my hunting rifle. It was on my long range precision rifle before I replaced it with a Steiner. The Steiner and Burris are made in the same place and both are stout. I tend to think that Burris offers quite a bit of value to quality and to top if off, they have a great warranty and good customer service. I have found the subject of glass quality to be a bit subjective. My eyes are different than everyone else's. I think the glass is just fine for the price range they operate in. I wouldn't look for high end glass in a $600-$1000 scope. But certainly, it is of very good quality. Thus far, I have not been disappointed by any Burris product I've elected to purchase. Do your home work first.

waterdog540 likes this.
  11. thatguyshm

thatguyshm Well-Known Member

I have three. Optics planet had a deal on a Veracity 3-15 with a "free" E1 4.5-14, both scopes are amazing, track well, are very clear and I couldn't ask for more. I also have a Timberline which is also great in low light.

I haven't used the Veracity as much as the other two but every one tracks and puts bullets exactly where they need to go. I will look at them again without a doubt.

I'm thinking about trying the Sightmark Citadel next but never know.

12. ATH

ATH Well-Known Member

I have three Burris scopes, two of them XTR IIs, and very happy with them all.