scopes

ann brezinski

sirs,
what other scopes would you recommend for me .how about a used leupold in 6 to 20?
I am going to look at the vortex at gandermountain soon.
gary b

Gary, I'll take one for the team here. You are going to need to expand on your needs..... Need to know the rifle, caliber, your intended use, distances you intend to shoot. Shooting level..budget. You will most likely get additional feedback with more details on what purpose the scope will serve. And lots of posts on the very scopes you list here too,,,

But from your first post, I'll take a wag and tell you to get a Vortex 4-16 HS-T. While I have not owned one, they appear to be a good scope for the money, liked their turrets better than the leupold, but if you don't intend to dial for elevation or windage, the leupold vx6 at least, edged out the vortex for clarity,,,,but I was tire kicking too. If you are going window shopping, add the HS-T to the list to look at.

rifle I use is a 700 300 Winchester magnum in a sporter .
the game of interest is whitetail deer at from 200 to 700 yards.
shoot 180 grain berger bullets.i mostly sit on a pipe line or on a power line.the 3/9 just is not enough for my eyes any more.
gary b

The leupold 6.5-20 would work for you, the vortex PST, HS-T, Viper would be good too. Depending on $ to spend, look to the 4-14 Nightforce SHV too, or the 5-20 How are you adjusting for elevation? I'm assuming dialing, I'd favor the PST and the SHV. Lots of close-out deals on the PST line too, or keep your fingers crossed for a PST update in 2016...

Look a the Sightron SIII. Turrets are good and I think the glass is better than the PST. Also keep looking on CameraLand website. They often have some very good deals. They don't sell Sightron though.

I have the MK4 4.5-14x50, Vortex PST viper 2.5-10x32 and 4-16x44 HS-T along with a 5.5-22x50 NSX on several of my rifles. For the money the Vortex is a **** good option both have good clarity and seem rugged enough, I've never lost zero in the 18-20 months of owning it with the 2.5-10 despite the abuse it's been put through.

The MK 4, I'd like to be able to feel and hear the clicks better but that's my only gripe along with I don't like most of the reticles leupold offers currently.

The NSX-I can't fault it in any way except that is the most expensive of what I own.

I'd give vortex a good look or a Night Force SHV

I just got my first Vortex, a Viper HS-T 4-16 on Tuesday. So far I love it. I have had some Nikons, Pentax and Burris scopes on other rifles but this Vortex has to be the best thing I've owned.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.