scopes

bubba41

hi guy's well the edge is being built . now comes the question comes down to a good scope .. would like 1500 yards . what is a good scope for this range . i don't want to spend 3000! zero stop would be nice

my answer is dont get what other people say. I did a lot of reserch on here and sniper central for a top of the line scope. zeiss was in my mind but people on the forums and sniper central said go for night force cause NF is a lot beter built. So l bought a night force. its a great scope but to say its beter than ZEİSS is just a joke. zeis is built much more tecnicaly and the imige is sooooo cleer. when you look through it the image just sticks into your face like a photo. so by what l meen is dont ask people you buy the one wich you like.

I read a recent comprehensive review (can't remember where, maybe Sniper's Hide) that covered all the top of the line scopes.

With all parameters taken into account, the top choices were the Premier Heritage 5-26X56 (about $3000), or the Hensoldt (made by Zeiss) 6-24X56 (about $3500).

The NF, Leupold, IOR were somewhere down the line.

If I wanted to shoot to 1500 yards, I think I'd bite the bullet and look at the Premier Heritage.

for the money the vortex razor HD would be hard to bet it will get you out to 1500 and more and it has a lot of good fetchers

I really like leupold M4 and nightforce NXS. it all depends on what you want to do. Schmitt & Bender are very nice from what i hear.
here is an article that talks about rifles and scopes used for long range shooting.

Far Out Shooting: Long Range Shooting (with style)

I hope it helps you make a decision.

+1 for the M4 and I also like my Zeiss very well. I am not a 1500 yd shooter but I am happy with both of these scopes.

Schmidt & Bender, don't forget these boys. If your truly interested in 1500 yards, you'll need good glass.

Maybe the new Luppy M5? Its about half the price of S & B, or Premier, or Hensolt, or US Optics.

YOU CAN ONLY ENGAGE WHAY YOU CAN CLEERLY SEE.'' ZEİSS 6-24X56'' BEST GLASS İN THE MARKET.

But l really love my NXS 8-32x56

I have examples all of the high end glass but the S&B and USO are at the top of the list. New builds are all USO for sporters and will be March for 1K competition.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.