Scope Decision Driving Me Nuts

jraulsten

There are just too many good choices out there these days.....

I have a 300 PRC that will be completed soon and need to make a decision on a scope. Weight is not really a big deal to a point but I don't want to lug around a Gen II Razor either since I will be hunting with this gun as well as long range plinking for fun. I also want good glass and would like to keep it around 2500 or so. I know that's asking a lot 🙂

Unless someone can give me a better option, I think I've narrowed it down to Kahles K624i and Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 FFP Mil-XT.

I've owned the Kahles before and absolutely loved it. I've owned several NF and really liked most (didn't care for the NX8) but never had an ATACR. I can get a good deal on the NF if I want to possibly wait several months or hopefully talk someone into a good deal on the Kahles with no wait. Has anyone had the opportunity to compare these scopes side by side? I'm sure each has their strong and weak points and I will just have to decide which will be better suited for my use.

Snowed in just north of Houston today with nothing to do so probably way overthinking this..........

IMG_1475.jpeg

I've always liked the Kahles K series, Nightforce ATACR series, and S&B PMII's. But there are several scopes made today that will compare very well to them for 1/2 the price.
The Athlon Cronus BTR, Delta Stryker HD, Tract Toric HD scopes don't give up much to any of those above scopes.

To my eye's and usage, I can't see much difference between them, and I like quality optics. While I won't say they are as good or better than my S&B, Nightforce, or IOR Recon. There's not $1500 - $2000 dollars worth of difference.
I have an original Cronus, and while it's a great scope, the gen 1 & 2 Cronus BTR scopes are far better. The Delta Stryker HD is my newest scope, and I can't believe how good this scope is.
After using these under $2k scopes, I'd really have to come across a great deal to ever buy another $3k+ scope again.

I've always liked the Kahles K series, Nightforce ATACR series, and S&B PMII's. But there are several scopes made today that will compare very well to them for 1/2 the price.
The Athlon Cronus BTR, Delta Stryker HD, Tract Toric HD scopes don't give up much to any of those above scopes.

To my eye's and usage, I can't see much difference between them, and I like quality optics. While I won't say they are as good or better than my S&B, Nightforce, or IOR Recon. There's not $1500 - $2000 dollars worth of difference.
I have an original Cronus, and while it's a great scope, the gen 1 & 2 Cronus BTR scopes are far better. The Delta Stryker HD is my newest scope, and I can't believe how good this scope is.
After using these under $2k scopes, I'd really have to come across a great deal to ever buy another $3k+ scope again.
The Tract line of scopes looks interesting.......

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this with you and help figure out which would suit your intended use the best. If you've got a few minutes give us a call, 516-217-1000
Thanks

I have a 300 PRC that will be completed soon and need to make a decision on a scope. Weight is not really a big deal to a point but I don't want to lug around a Gen II Razor either since I will be hunting with this gun as well as long range plinking for fun. I also want good glass and would like to keep it around 2500 or so. I know that's asking a lot 🙂

Unless someone can give me a better option, I think I've narrowed it down to Kahles K624i and Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 FFP Mil-XT.

I've owned the Kahles before and absolutely loved it. I've owned several NF and really liked most (didn't care for the NX8) but never had an ATACR. I can get a good deal on the NF if I want to possibly wait several months or hopefully talk someone into a good deal on the Kahles with no wait. Has anyone had the opportunity to compare these scopes side by side? I'm sure each has their strong and weak points and I will just have to decide which will be better suited for my use.
Don't complicate it unnecessarily; pick one and have fun with it.

Just to muddy the waters..
Check out the new 4.5-28×52 with the high master glass
https://marchscopes.com/news/5637/

Sounds like you have it narrowed down. NightForce is pricier, Kahles is lighter. Roll the dice. There both Top shelf choices.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.