scope decision?

kc

One of the guys I shoot with has a 7mag he is using to watch behind his farm, he wants a BURRIS Scope and was asking about what power he is hunting in Michigan and he will have shots out to 400 yards, thats the edge of his field and where the woods and thicket is.
This it the edge. my opinion was the 4.5x14x42 FULLFIELD11 with a Millmilldot, he realy likes
this scope and I am buying one for my 7mag also, buy this guy sets in the upstairs of a Barn
with a TV, Radio, and a Lazy boy and Heat! he is just starting out he shoots a .223 only.
As for a choice of Magnification what do you think??
I know many people would choose another scope, but every person who uses a BURRIS realy
likes them, I have 4 on my rifles and have never had any failures.
I have used there 3x9x50 for years and love it, he wants a bit more power.

Sound off please. thank you.

I have a fullfield II on a 223.6-20x50 with ballistic plex. This gives you aim points to 600 with 100 zero, it is calibrated at 14X and you have to verify drops.You could use it longer if you use mil dots above as a hold reference.

is he shooting at deer? if 14x isn't enough for deer at 400, maybe he should go to the eye doctor. not trying to be a smarta$$ but 10x is plenty for deer at 400.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.