Help with scope decision...

I think the MONARCH 3-12 BDC would serve you very well. Hard to go wrong with the ought 6 round. The MONARCH has very good glass and Nikon's reputation behind it. The BDC reticle will let you increase your long range accuracy by dialing in your rifle,scope and ammo with Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program.
I have been using the 3-12 BDC on my custom Hill Country Rifle in .300 Win for years. Love it. So far longest shot is 427 yards and closest about 40 yards. All deer harvested were one shot stops, which says a lot considering I am not what I consider a great shooter even though I get in a lot of range time.
Here's a pic of my rifle and scope.
Nikon has a big PROMO going on right now knocking down the price of their BDC scopes.
Drop me a note if you have any question's.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/nikon4-16BDC.jpg

I have a Zeiss 3-9X40 in the Z-600 reticle and that scope was made for 30-06 type ballistics. And for the money you can't beat the glass. I shoot a 185 grain bullet and with the calc that zeiss has online, 9 power will put you on out to 600 and beyond (shot steel at 720 this last weekend). The reticle is easy to use and has moa windage marks. It was used to take an antelope at 500 yds last year so even if you don't use it all the time, the reticle is there wihen you need it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.