Scope decision question and mounts

want2shoot

I'm working to put a scope on my Remington Sendero 300 RUM. Once complete, I'd like to be able to shoot anywhere from 50 - 1000 yds. (maybe farther?)
The scope I've ordered is the Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50 with illuminated TMR reticle. (NF was not an option)
I'd like to use the one or two piece base and rings by Leupold for the Mark 4. Only because that's what my dealer stocks.
I'm worried I'll run out of adjustment at longer ranges. This scope has 70 moa of elevation. My software shows while zeroed at 300, I won't hit the 70 MOA mark until 1750 yds! Does this sound right? If so, is it physically possible with this setup?

Any suggestions or guidance on base and rings would be appreciated.
Thanks - Kevin

Last edited:
Don't limit your options to what your dealer stocks. In my opinion there are alot better choices than the leupold stuff. Burris XTR rings are hard to beat for the money. Also definetly go with the one piece base, much stronger and stiffer.

Leupold MK4 rings are good but I like the Nightforce bases and rings more and Badger would be a good option also. We stock Leupold, Badger, and Nightforce.

Mike @ CSGW

I'm working to put a scope on my Remington Sendero 300 RUM. Once complete, I'd like to be able to shoot anywhere from 50 - 1000 yds. (maybe farther?)
The scope I've ordered is the Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50 with illuminated TMR reticle. (NF was not an option)
I'd like to use the one or two piece base and rings by Leupold for the Mark 4. Only because that's what my dealer stocks.
I'm worried I'll run out of adjustment at longer ranges. This scope has 70 moa of elevation. My software shows while zeroed at 300, I won't hit the 70 MOA mark until 1750 yds! Does this sound right? If so, is it physically possible with this setup?

Any suggestions or guidance on base and rings would be appreciated.
Thanks - Kevin

That's 70 MOA total not just in elevation, 35 MOA down and 35 MOA up with the reticule centered. I would get a one piece 20 MOA tapered base. I like the Seekins base's and Rings a lot, Nightforce and Badger are also top notch

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.