Scope and Ballistic Rangefinder Recommendations

Brydawg512

Hello all,

I am currently having my first custom rifle built, chambered in 300 WM. It is not a sheep weight rifle, should be somewhere in the 7 lb. range.

I am wanting scope capabilities for the following purposes:
- Hunting out to 600-700 yards
- Targets as far as I can perform

First, I am looking for scope recommendations. I am in no need of an ultralight optic, however, am obviously not againt having one if it fits the bill. The only criteria I have is that it is first focal plane. I have looked at the Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50, but that is the extent of what I have considered thus far.

Secondly, I am looking for a better method for obtaining ballistic info. I currently have a Kestrel Sportsman, which does have bluetooth functionality. However, I have found that for my hunting style, I would like the ability to range a target and be provided ballistic inputs quickly instead of having to range and then input into Kestrel.

Thank you all.

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments