Schneider Barrels

The McMillan Outdoorsman 300 EOL magnum I have been testing has a Schnieder Polygon barrel and I have been extremely impressed with it. Accuracy is outstanding with very little barrel fouling. I have taken it out to beyond 1200 yards so far with exceptional accuracy which is exceptional for a 7.75 pound rifle.

Schneider's barrels are well known for accuracy. When they first came out, some high power competitors used them with great success. But they didn't last as long as Hart or Obermeyer barrels that shot just as accurate. David Tubb started using them because they made the bore and groove diameters he wanted . . . and barrel life was not an issue.

I doubt you'll get more than 600 or so rounds of tack-driving accuracy with a .264 Win. Mag. cartridge. They're way over bore. Mine lasted 640 rounds and another I know of didn't make it that far. This is for sub MOA accuracy through 1000 yards.

Gary's barrels FLAT OUT get the job done! My 25-06 custom Kampfeld shoots fantastic. The barrel leans up better than ANY other custom barrel I've had, tell ya one thing anymore custom builds on my end WILL sport a Schneider!!!!!

Re; Schneider Barrels I have one of his, awsome barrel. gun was a rem. 700 250 savage classic, 24". Gunsmith (an absolute pro with .25 caliber) recomended a schneider barrel. We ordered one in the original contour ( BDL sporter ). Rechambered to 25 X 243 Ackley, amazing rifle, pleasant to shoot, very easy to clean. Quarter inch or less groups using win, 243 brass, 120gr. sierra BTHP, RL22. 2940-2950 MV. Puts deer down real Good. Break in;; first 5 shots,, fire 1 clean after each shot. ( i used pro-shot copper cleaner).. Fire 3 shots, clean again. Mine broke in about 20-25 shots. Very, Very GOOD.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.