Scanned some Deer Hunting pictures

Matt Regalia

Dave,

Nice pictures. Which gun was the MK shot out of? How many yards away? That is one hell of an exit wound. Did you and Al shoot those deer on Chester's property (the one that borders the park)?

Matt

Dave King

That Alberta buck was 178 (or maybe 174) yards (I didn't write it down as it was pretty close). The 300 grain MatchKing was shot out of my 338RUM, it made a fair sized hole in that deer but the deer still managed to continue on for about 30 yards.

Those 2 small bucks I shot with the bow were up tight to the Park on Chester's place. Al's shotgun deer was on Chester's place on King's Valley Rd, behind Baker Middle School and the muzzleloader doe was on Jimmy Johnson's place off Hawkin's Creamery Rd I believe.

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Now wait a minute (looking at your pictures). How on earth do you get 2 archery bucks in the same day? Nice going.

Darryl Cassel

Nice Buck Dave

I especially like the Alberta 8 Point as My buddy has relatives there and wants to drag me up there every year.

Good going.

Darryl

No Fear in Accuracy

Dave, that was nice pictures and there are always huge Alberta deer out there. I couldn't believe when I saw the Alberta deer neck!
It was huge.
Did the 300 SMK hit any of those shoulders and expand a bigger exit hole?

-Denny

Dave King

We can shoot 4 deer during archery season (in this region), 2 does then 2 bucks (there must be 2 checked does before the second buck).

The Alberta buck only required one shot (they're not as tough as they look!).

Nicholas

Man, four deer! I wish it was like that here in Utah. I am going to hunt doe and buck this next year to satisfy my craving to hunt.

Dave King

SR90

That's 4 archery deer in this one region, StateWide we can shoot just about an unlimited number of deer (in some areas archery does are unlimited once an extra tag is purchased $5.00). On bucks we are limited to about 18 or so. Non-Resident fees are reasonable and there's always room for more hunters.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce