Pictures of my hunting rig

What action is it? Also what brand and what diameter barrel? How long is the barrel block?

Thanks.

Sweet rifle btw. You need to hit some 600/1000yd BR matches.
Sorry for the late answer but I wasn't on here for awhile. The action is a Lawton, The barrel is 1.450 diameter 10 twist Krieger and the block is 9 inches long. I do go to matches but I have a couple of other guns that are better. I have two 300 WSM's that really shoot. They have won me a lot of matches. In fact the barrel; action and scope that is on this gun was won with the one WSM. Matt

Last edited:
Sorry for the late answer but I wasn't on here for awhile. The action is a Lawton, The barrel is 1.450 diameter 10 twist Krieger and the block is 9 inches long. I do go to matches but I have a couple of other guns that are better. I have two 300 WSM's that really shoot. They have won me a lot of matches. In fact the barrel; action and scope that is on this gun was won with the one WSM. Matt

Very nice sir. Do you think we could get some pics of your other BR rifles? Atleast I know Id like to see them.

Thanks,
Blake.

I didn't get pictures of my match rigs yet. In season this year my grandson who is 13 shot his 3rd straight buck. My buddy also killed a nice one with my gun too. He has went to a 300 Berger in his 338-378 which is just like mine but a wood stock. He also switched from H50 BMG to Re33 and the groups he shot at 1000 was slightly better and less pressure. Matt

I have a Obermeyer 1.5"x36" .338 barrel I ordered about 16-18 years ago and a Lee Six unlimited stock to do basically what you have done but I was going to do it in a 338-378 at the time. It was just after they introduced the 300gr SMK's. The barrel took 18 months to get and I lost interest in doing it by then. If it tells you anything the serial number is in the 8000's and a couple years ago Obermeyer passed 20,000 barrels. It's also a .330x.338 instead of a .328x.338. Now it sits in the safe in case there is ever a need to build something silly. We cant use a gun over 16lbs for hunting here and the barrel weighs more than that.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.