Scale

If you are shooting over 600 yards, go for the gold. Otherwise you will not gain anything in accuracy changing from the RCBS Chargemaster so long as you use it properly and check it beginning every session and periodically with a known weight in the ballpark of what you are dropping. I leave mine on. It has worked very well over the years since I bought it. I have a lot of scales. If yours is broken, get it fixed, a new one or something else.

Might wanna check out the ohaus 10-10 fine tuned by a gentleman by the name of Scott Parker sounds high precision with no electronics to quit working I'll be going that direction as soon as I can spring for it. Had a rcbs electronic scale that quit after a 1 1/2 years not knocking it but it was frustrating needing it and having it quit just figured if I'm not mass loading no need for electronics to go wrong just my two cents. Good luck!

Morning all. I am interested in purchasing a quality scale. Right now I am using an RCBS chargemaster and I have a small digital scale. However, I would like something that is more precise. Certified would be great. Thanks for the recommendations!
A&D with the auto trickler v3 expensive but you won't regret it.

Like other said. A&D FX120i with autotrickler, worth every penny. It is fast, accurate and I know if my ammo isn't up to snuff it isn't because of the powder charge being irregular. Just takes the guess work out of one part of the equation.

@Lethal_Chica
I'll pass along a recommendation given to me by 'dok7mm'. If you get the A&D you might as well hook it up to a Tripp Lite power conditioner. Will protect it better than a regular surge protector and also keeps the 'juice' flowing through it pretty clean/consistent. I live in a rural area where power outages are fairly common and the Tripp Lite also tells me when the voltage is higher/lower than normal and 'regulates' it.

I'll still wait for the double blind test.
I hate to burst your bubble, but a tenth of a grain can and will make a difference. If you're out of a node, 0.1gr can move your velocity 10-15+ FPS. That adds up when the ranges start increasing. Generally, if you're in a good node you can be +- 0.1gr and be inside your node, but the more consistent your powder charges are, the higher your chances of staying in node are. Don't believe me, pull up your ballistics app and run some numbers for yourself at 1000 yards. Might not be huge changes, but it could be the difference between a kill shot and a wounding shot. The tighter your rifle shoots and the tighter and more consistent your velocities are, the deadlier you and your rifle are.

Another vote here for the A&D FX120i. I let a RCBS Chargemaster Lite throw my bulk charge, then transfer the pan over to the A&D and trickle up to the kernel with a Dandy Trickler.
The V3 set-up would certainly be faster (and prettier), but I don't mind being in the reloading room a little longer. ;)
I do the same thing but have matched the weight of 2 pans on my A&D and let the Chargemaster fill one while I trickle to exact weight on the other. Gives about 3 rounds per minute once you get you flow going.
For those that don't think this kind of accuracy is needed. 1 granule of H4350 (0.02grains) in a 6.5CM with 140 grain Berger Equals 1.5 FPS. 1/10 grain is 5 granules so RCBS accuracy (+/-0.1grains) will allow 15 FPS while the scale shows all charges are equal in weight. The A&D is really a value if you shoot ELR or just enjoy frequent bug holes on your targets.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.