Scale

Lethal_Chica

Morning all. I am interested in purchasing a quality scale. Right now I am using an RCBS chargemaster and I have a small digital scale. However, I would like something that is more precise. Certified would be great. Thanks for the recommendations!

I have to give the A&D FX120i my vote also. I have had 2 Chargemasters, one quit working the other is used to throw a slightly underweight charge which I finish on my A&D. If you only use a charge master it looks accurate until you check the weight on a scientific scale. You will also need to get a current conditioner which makes both scales much more consistent. They are about $50 on Amazon. I also have a Dandy powder trickler and with this setup you can accurately measure down to the individual granule. I don't know if this level of precision is necessary but for me it removes any question of that flier being from the ammunition's powder charge. FYI I was amazed by how often the RCBS was off when the display said everything was spot on.
There are some super setups for making the A&D automatic But I don't have any experience with them.

I have to give the A&D FX120i my vote also. I have had 2 Chargemasters, one quit working the other is used to throw a slightly underweight charge which I finish on my A&D. If you only use a charge master it looks accurate until you check the weight on a scientific scale. You will also need to get a current conditioner which makes both scales much more consistent. They are about $50 on Amazon. I also have a Dandy powder trickler and with this setup you can accurately measure down to the individual granule. I don't know if this level of precision is necessary but for me it removes any question of that flier being from the ammunition's powder charge. FYI I was amazed by how often the RCBS was off when the display said everything was spot on.
There are some super setups for making the A&D automatic But I don't have any experience with them.

Thank you.... like you, I prefer to remove the questions about the accuracy of my powder charge.

I use a rcbs lite along with my old oil dampened pacific beam scale. I'll use the beam to help me adjust the correct throw in the rcbs, the rcbs is always off the correct weight, then I'll check every 3-5th throw on the beam and that has worked good for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.