savage stocks

yobuck

i have a savage 112 in 223 that i aquired used. its a decent shooter, but the stock is not to my liking. a custom stock would be more than the gun cost, so im looking for options. im told there are replacement stocks, but i havent found any. id like something with a wider forend, and preferably laminated. thanks.

I just put a Bell and Carlson Varmint / Tac. medalist on mine and it is real nice. The only problem is the wait for it, 6 to 8 weeks. P.O.A. changed slightly but that was a simple elev. adj. then I shot three touching, the gun is a sav. 12 fv. 22-250..Installation was drop right in..gun)

Just because the gun was cheap doesn't mean you can't upgrade it! The cheaper options are:

Stockade
Bell & Carlson
SSS (Savage Shooters Supply? Savage Sharp Shooters? Who knows, google it)

More expensive options

Manners
McMillan
Mcree Precision

if ur not 100% on laminate u could take a look at choate too. i have a choate tactical. havent put it on yet but it feels nice i think . quite heavy though. but mines going to be a varmit rig anyway

I have been thinking of the Choate too. I have one of the Stockade tac models, it is amazing. Bell and Carlson are much cheaper but dealing with Kevin Rayhill at Stockade is a treat. He is a savage fan with a lot of knowledge. I reccomend them if you have the money, I think mine was only around $250 if you finish it yourself. PM your email for pics

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.