Savage single shot action?

beakus33

Does savage make a single shot action that fits all of there there 110-111-112 barrels. I have been tossing around the idea of a rock solid single shot, I think more meat on the bottom should make for a more ridged set up, correct.

The savage single shot actions all use the large shank barrel threads and MOST of the "standard" 110, 111, 112 are small shank............So the simple answer is no but the large shank barrels cost the same and have equal availability.

The savage single shot actions all use the large shank barrel threads and MOST of the "standard" 110, 111, 112 are small shank............So the simple answer is no but the large shank barrels cost the same and have equal availability.

Not always true. I have had two savage single shot bolt guns that use the small shank. I now have a Mod. 12, but don't know it it's large or small as I just have not looked at it close enough. I think the change was when they went to the Accutrigger.
gary

Really? I had never heard of a small shank single shot. That is good to know as I like the Idea of keeping all my savage barrels interchangeable. I guess I stand corrected. P.s. since the crap coming out of my keyboard is free...... There are no refunds even if I am wrong but thanks for the info.............. Duke

Yes, they used to offer single shot rifles that were small shank before they brought out the Target actions.

They might make you one if you call Effie.

Really? I had never heard of a small shank single shot. That is good to know as I like the Idea of keeping all my savage barrels interchangeable. I guess I stand corrected. P.s. since the crap coming out of my keyboard is free...... There are no refunds even if I am wrong but thanks for the info.............. Duke

I bought one of the very first 112BVss-s rifles delivered way back. (blued action with a stainless barrel). Savage sent the wrong rifle, as I ordered in a single shot 112, and they promptly sent me the correct rifle. Everybody had to see it at the dealer, and a guy walked up while we were putting it back in the box to send it back, and bought it. My rifle showed up a week later, and they were pretty much identical other than one being a sigle shot. Later I end up buy the first 112 that was to be sent back. (both had blued recievers) I then buy another one that ws identical and lso small shank. Now I have a new Mod. 12BVss-s, but have not seriously looked it over. I wantd a Savage 112BT when they first came out, and it might have had the large shank as the barrel nut looked larger than a later 112V action.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.