Savage mod 12 & F class

gei

I read an article about the new Savage model 12 & 12 f class. this gun is reported shooting under 3" @ 500 yards just out of the factory with no work. anyone have any information on this
thanks

The F/TRs shoot very, very well for the most part. Still a factory gun, so you may get one that needs a little tweaking, or a trip back to the factory.

Haven't gotten as much feedback on the F/Open guns yet... mine doesn't shoot *bad*, but I haven't found a load it really likes either.

Overall, though, the guns (at least the F/TR) seems to hold their own in competition:

Savage Arms New 2006 Products

My buddy has a 6mm br F class that I load for him. Today we were shooting groups in the 1 inch range at 500 yards! It shoots great. They are well worth the money and hard to beat for the price-heck, they are hard to beat at any price!

I have F/class 6.5 284 has never been out of the stock,it will shoot in the 2s have killed 4 ground hogs for a total of 2321 yds the longest 762 this gun is amazing !

I got my butt handed to me at a match this year by one of those f-open 6.5x284 savages. We had the same 1000 yard score but I dropped 4 points at 600. Since my gun cost 3x as much I like to think it was shooter error on my part.

I have one of the Savage F Class rifles in 6.5 X 284. I have about 130 shots thru it. I have shot groups under 3" at 500 yds. It does not group great at 100 yds. but does very well at 300 yds. to 500 yds.

I am waiting for a Shilen 6BR barrel for it now. I plan to save the 6.5 barrel for antelope hunting at long range. Great gun for the money.

Tom

To update my last post. I received the Shilen 6BR barrel. It shoots very well. Groups at 100 yds. are .250 to .350. It shoots around 3" at 500 yds. Very little vertical. I have been shooting without wind flags.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.