Savage Mod. 12 VLD DBM......Any Insight???

muleythumper

Was thinking that a Savage 12 Varmint (VLD DBM) would be a really sweet shooter. Anybody got any knowlege/feedback on this rifle?

Are the Savage wood laminate stocks as inherently accurate as their Accustock counterparts?

Any info. would be appreciated.

Two years ago I bought a used 12 VLP DBM in 223 from a gent in Oregon. It has since become the most accurate and most fun gun to shoot that I own. This gun does especially well with the factory Superformance 53 grain V-max regularly shooting around 0.35" @ 100yds with my best group being an astonishing 0.5" @200yds. With every factory and hand load I've used, it has not shot >1.0"@100yds. I topped mine with a Weaver 2-10X50 super slam and together they have accounted for groundhogs out to about 300 yds and I've shot steel targets out to 600 yds

Can you tell this is my favorite gun? I really think one in 7RSAUM would be SWEEET!

Thanks 112 Savage. I was thinking of one in 243 for deer and coyotes. So, I guess the laminate stock is just as accurate as the Accustock models?

@112 ,..Wow regularly shooting .35 inch groups at 100 with factory ammo?...my mod. 12 gun wont touch that with factory ammo. You should compete in matches with that.

I would love to compete, but I'm in dental school and don't have the time or money to contribute currently. I know the groups seem way too good to be true, but I have multiple targets to back it up. I bought several boxes of the same lot of the Superformance once I figured out that the gun liked it and groundhogs didn't. I "love" my VLP i only "like" my 112BT (BVSS style stock)

I have one in 243 it is a easy .5 moa rifle any time pushing 105 grain vlds with 49 grains of retumbo. I like the laminent stock better than all the accu stock rifles I have. It is just an easy gun to shoot I've had many people try to buy it from me after they shoot it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.