Exbal Insight

fatrack

I have a question for those of you with Exbal experience.

I have found my Sightron 6-24-50 scope click value to be 0.275 (MOA) and not the standard 0.25. No big deal as long as the value is known. The problem is when I input this in the "Sight Adjustment Options" in Exbal it has no effect on the corrections.

Example- 1000yards it tells me with .25 per click I need 22MOA.

When I input 0.275 it still says I need 22MOA

My math is a little suspect but here goes-

0.275 is 10% bigger than 0.25 and therefore 22MOA x 10%= 2.2MOA less.

Any ideas?

When you're on the 'sight adjustment specifications' tab, be sure to put a check mark in the 'custom' box, then input your .275 value. that will resolve the issue.

Hey Trebark,

Thanks for the insight. I gave it a try and it doesn't make a difference.

Its Windows Mobile on a Dell Axim.

I think there is an issue with my Exbal and here is why I think this-

With the regular 0.25 click increments selected it gives me 22.00 MOA of elevation for 1000 yards. If I select "Show Total Clicks" it tells me 88. Thats all good.

Then if I change my click increment to 0.275 it tells me I need 22.00 MOA of elevation. If I then select "Show Total Clicks" it tells me 80. That would be 20.00 MOA not 22.00.

I guess I need to call Perry Systems and see what Gerald says.

Okay,

Now I'm scratching my head. The thing I don't understand is with a larger (0.275) click value Exbal still tells me to come up the same amount as the smaller value (0.25). It always tells me to come up 22 MOA which doesn't seem correct.

Its Windows Mobile on a Dell Axim.

I think there is an issue with my Exbal and here is why I think this-

With the regular 0.25 click increments selected it gives me 22.00 MOA of elevation for 1000 yards. If I select "Show Total Clicks" it tells me 88. Thats all good.

Then if I change my click increment to 0.275 it tells me I need 22.00 MOA of elevation. If I then select "Show Total Clicks" it tells me 80. That would be 20.00 MOA not 22.00.

I guess I need to call Perry Systems and see what Gerald says.

ok, you need 22 moa to make zero according to the data you gave it, if your scope does move
.275 moa instead of .25, then you still need 22 moa, but its just less clicks per moa to get there.
88x.25=22
80x.275=22
when you were moving it 88 clicks at .275 you were actualy coming up 24.2 moa, so you were high.
now you say your scope moves .275 per click is that inches or moa, because 1/4 moa is actualy
.261".
RR

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts