Exbal problems

Topshot

I bought both the PC version of Exbal and the pocket PC version of Exbal for my HP pocket PC.

Although the desktop PC version works without fault I have been having problems with the pocket PC version.

The problem I have been having is when I alternate between loads and calibers and work the program hard, it works well for a while then the pocket PC goes black screen and dies. This is the only program that seems to causes this problem.

Has anyone had the same problem with this software? Do you think it is the soft ware or is my HP pocket PC on its last leggs? I have just bought a new China made battery for it and have been wondering if the battery voltage may be not quite right, although it is supose to 3.7 volts.

Any ideas? At the moment it is too unreliable to go hunting with.

I also use a HP pocket number and mine is starting to go flat rather quickly but i believe that is due to the age of the machine. Other than that never had problems with software so i am guessing the Ebay battery might be dodge!! :D

The first copy i got of pocket Exbal did not load on my PDA it took me hours of mucking around tryimg to figure it out . I even rang NF about it and they said try and install it using a different computer . Still didnt work, so in the end i took it back they gave me a new 1 and it uploaded in about 2 min.
Love it but dont write off a program glitch.

Was dialing in targets today ( clay pigeons ) and splatting them left and right , tied a little prac in with my first check on stags showing up in the area that i hunt ,very fun day out plenty of animals.

There you go :D Dont write off a software issue. Maybe try contacting the distributor to see if a new copy of software might be on offer. If its nightforce there customer service is suposed to be awesome. Hopefully will never have to use it myself...

I have a HP iPAQ running windows mobile. It crashes on a regular basis. I loaded EXBAL onto the storage card and did the install on the storage card - not in the internal memory. This way when the iPAQ crashes I can recover in a matter of minutes and not loose my balistics files.

I can not give a favorable recomendation the the HP products.

I have a HP iPAQ running windows mobile. It crashes on a regular basis. I loaded EXBAL onto the storage card and did the install on the storage card - not in the internal memory. This way when the iPAQ crashes I can recover in a matter of minutes and not loose my balistics files.

I can not give a favorable recomendation the the HP products.

Thanks for the input.

Chopaka81,
I think I will try what you sugest and reload Exbal to the card. It sound like a quick way to recover from a crash. Some of these programs and devices are a bit fragile and unreliable.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts