Savage model 12 BVSS

jwcrabb

Guys, I'm looking at one of these Savage Varmint models in a .308. Anybody have any hands on experience with one? This one seems to have a real straight stock with pistol grip. Would appreciate any feedback.

I've got that exact model in a 22-250, and its an absolute shooter. I don't see why the 308 would be any different. Good looking gun too.

I have a BVSS in .223 and it fits me great, the palm swell is larger than most stocks and the grip is close to vertical.
I have fairly large hands, A full size large frame glock with a grip sleeve fits perfect, and this stock feels nice.
The gun is a real shooter also.

I have a 112 BVSS in .300WinMag and it is a hammer. I was ringing steel @ 700yds with it, in spite of a 20-25mph wind. Two weeks ago I shot a 3" group with it at the same distance. Shooting up some 185gn Berger VLD Hunting bullets from this past deer season.

I also have a 12 BVSS in 6.5-284, even though it is a long action. I traded stocks with another LRH member for a Savage VLP stock and I love it even more now. I shot a hand sized group at 700yds with it yesterday too. I didn't measure it but could cover up all the holes with my hand. The best I have gotten from this rifle is a 1.5" group at 500yds.

I can only imagine that one of these in a .308 would be accurate also. In fact, I would be surprised if I ever ran across a BVSS that wasn't a shooter! Too bad they discontinued the 112BVSS. :( JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.