Savage build

Don't get to hung up with cup/core and bonded,
You may very well find you have to have two different cartridges and two different loads for the each of ya
Yup in a 6.5 CM you could use a SMK 150 for close to a mile and a BT for hunting. No need for a bonded. Here's a thread on 6.5mm BT by guys that have harvest more than most will see. Look for Dogzapper's post in the middle of the thread. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...topics/2779529/Tell_me_about_the_6_5_280_Ackl

Yup in a 6.5 CM you could use a SMK 150 for close to a mile and a BT for hunting. No need for a bonded. Here's a thread on 6.5mm BT by guys that have harvest more than most will see. Look for Dogzapper's post in the middle of the thread. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...topics/2779529/Tell_me_about_the_6_5_280_Ackl
Their names for their rifles made me chuckle,🤣. Just like anything shot placement is always king. My son said the other night that he would like to try the 6.5 so that maybe what we start out with.

Their names for their rifles made me chuckle,🤣. Just like anything shot placement is always king. My son said the other night that he would like to try the 6.5 so that maybe what we start out with.
I'd talk to the guys at your range to see what twists will work for you under the conditions at your range. I'm at 2200 ft so a 1-8" should work okay for me. You might need faster twist. Good luck!!!

I'd talk to the guys at your range to see what twists will work for you under the conditions at your range. I'm at 2200 ft so a 1-8" should work okay for me. You might need faster twist. Good luck!!!

I'm at like 1093ft. I will do that thank you

IMO the 6.5CM is handicapped from the get go
The case barely acts right with the 25CM
Were it really shines is the 22CM
These are all morphed .308 cases in one form or the other.

IMO the 6.5CM is handicapped from the get go
The case barely acts right with the 25CM
Were it really shines is the 22CM
These are all morphed .308 cases in one form or the other.
Ya it's amazing how far the 30/06 case has come with all the cartridges that it has spawned from 308 to22 cm

I'm starting to look into the 08 but I'd need a new brake but that's not a problem
If your talking the 7mm flavor
These are the cheapest bullets I have found so far and they are pretty well made.
I use them for fire forming to get an A.I.
PPU brass is decent too, fww

Last edited:
If your talking the 7mm flavor
These are the cheapest bullets I have found so far and they are pretty well made.
I use them for fire forming to get an A.I.
PPU brass is decent too, fww
I just started to look at load data for the 7mm-08. Looks pretty decent so far

I turned my Savage into a 6.5x47 Lapua and it shoots light out. I get more velocity out of it than my 6.5 Creedmoor. It was a complete rebuild though with new stock, barrel, lug, bedding, etc. shoots one hole groups if I do my job. It's deadly with 140 Bergers out to 650-700.

We are still deciding on stock choices ( factory,Orynx chassis, or MDT chassis). I started looking at 7mm-08 yesterday but not sure if it would be to much recoil to start off with. It will probably get a new nut and lug also. I'm hoping for one hole groups or close to it but that all takes time.