Savage 22-250

johnnyracer

I just aquired a Predator Hunter in 22-250 . 1 : 12 twist 22 in barrel.
I was wondering if anyone has played with one of these things yet and come up with one of those awesome hole punching loads. Factory and reload info would be great. Looking for a starting point as I'm a green newby .

Great site by the way.

Thanks Johnny

250 reloads

52 amax 36 grains varget and cci primer. this loads will shoot a single hole in my savage 22-250. if not the gun before this was a ruger heavy barrel and it shot extremely well with a 55 nosler ballistice tip 35grains of winchester 748 and a cci primer. let me know if it works out for you.

brent

well, it aint a 22-250,
but I got the predator in .204 ruger, with 6-18 leupold VX-II... soo sweet.
just got back from a field test today, still not quite dialed in, not one for much paper punching. but once it was on, the rock chucks went flying.
so seems plenty accurate so far, load was 40 gr v-max, max BL-C (2), 30gr.

a coyote @ a good 600+yds, got a close call...hehe.

I have a 12 FV that really likes the following:

Berger 52 Match
39.0 H380 (Hodgdon manual shows 41 as max)
CCI BR2 primer

Unable to reach the lands with this load, but it doesnt seem to matter!

Good Luck,

Mike

Thanks for the info guys. I still don't have any dies in yet but I'm working on it. I started breaking it in the other day with 40 gr factory winchester and I really don't likethe little scope that came on it. but other than that it shot pretty good but I know it can do much much better with hand loads.

Want to make this a yote getter or what ever else steps in front of it.

Thanks and keep up the info.

Johnny

just thought I would try to figure out how to post a picture on this forum and what to you know it worked. The back one is a 22-250 savage that 308nate worked over. The front one is a 7wsm full custom nate built. Both are shooters.

th_S5001499.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.