Savage 111 6.5 creedmoor

Dzel777

Hey guys,
Ive had a savage 111 in 6.5 Creedmoor for a little over 6 months now. First off I love the gun and caliber, as its an absolute tack driver. The 6.5 is devastating on everything from yotes to the 180" buck I took with it in October at 385yds.
with the minimal load data out there for the above combo I had to do some educated guess work when I began reloading for the gun.
My load that I settled on is: 43.6 grs of h4350, 130 Berger, fed210 and a coal of 2.831". The load shows no obvious pressure signs and is crazy accurate with very little drop out to 400yds.
I've compared my drop charts to that of the factory 120 amax and my loads are dropping 26" @ 500 yds (rifle shoots .5" high at 100yds), whee the 120 factory loads are 41" @ 500.
Question: what are your findings with handloads and drop in this caliber vs hornadys factory ammo and factory claimed drops? Also is anyone shooting a similiar load? *i do not have a chrono so I don't know how fast they're going.

Thanks, Denny

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.