Savage 110 extractor gone!!!

bluedog69

My son in law brought his Savage 110 in 270 Winchester over for us to sight in. Shot one shot and the shell stayed in the gun.
It had no extractor when I removed the bolt. He has no clue how or when. He didn't even know it was missing.

My question is where and what would be the best place to get one?

Do yourself (and your son) a favor and get an aftermarket improved extractor/ejector kit. Makes ejection far more positive.

My factory Savage extraction was very anemic, sometimes dropping the empty case in the mag well. The improved kits are far better.

The link above is a good one.

They likely will.
I hope so. I just contacted them. My son in law doesn't shoot much. He shot a coyote in his calving pasture about 2 years ago. He had no clue it was gone. He has only been my son in law about 1 year. He is the type that works hard and has big dreams.(great kid) He has seen how much fun my boys and I are having with night vision and coyotes he figured he would get his gun out and shoot.

Probably take 2 to 3 days before I hear from Savage, but I will update when I get a chance.

I hope so. I just contacted them. My son in law doesn't shoot much. He shot a coyote in his calving pasture about 2 years ago. He had no clue it was gone. He has only been my son in law about 1 year. He is the type that works hard and has big dreams.(great kid) He has seen how much fun my boys and I are having with night vision and coyotes he figured he would get his gun out and shoot.

Probably take 2 to 3 days before I hear from Savage, but I will update when I get a chance.
Good. You can call them & talk to them you know?