Savage 110 Elite Precision

After watching that video it looks more used than just test firing. Maybe they an issue to resolve. The bolt doesn't look good but it might clean up. What I wonder is why you would make this video before you contacted savage. If I received a rifle like that my first thought would be one got past then but I'm sure they'll make it right. I wouldn't make a video bashing then for 5 minutes without giving them a chance to fix it. Just my 2 cents.

I have a new Savage Model 12 LRPV in .223 arriving next week. I have every expectation that I`ll see evidence of test firing ( in other words, dirty ) when I unbox it. What I DON`T expect to see is scoring or any other evidence of damage to metal.
I have purchased many new Savage rifles and I have never seen anything like what was displayed in that video. I believe all Savage rifles are test fired, but I cannot imagine them letting a rifle that has been used by them for more than test firing out the door.

If I received a rifle that like was shown in the video, I would have been on the phone with Savage! Something just does not add up here to get a brand new used rifle from Savage or any other manufacture. I think the video was premature by the buyer and should not have been posted until he talked with Savage. I am positive they would have rectified the issue, but now he has bashed them on social media, it may be a longer more grueling process. Everyone wants instant gratification and social media seems to give people that? Savage is a good company and they will get to the bottom of this issue and make it right to the buyer.

These guns Shoot! I have three. 338 impulse Elite Precision, 338 Elite Precision, 6.5 impulse Elite. The 338s gave me, and continue
I've never shot but one elite precision. It was a friend's in 300prc. I was getting hits at 1 mile with it, all the while struggling to get my custom in a similar caliber past 1500 yds. I would want a slightly lighter trigger, but only because I have had a stroke in the past and need a trigger at about a pound due to a weak trigger finger. However, it was very manageable. I was greatly impressed. My friend was hammering most shots at a mile while others were like me and my custom, just hoping to get a hit at the mile marker. I was very impressed regardless of the price. And with the hard vertical grip, I have the same chassis on another rifle. It is a simple swap to any ar style grip you want (vertical or normal slanted style).
The trigger is easily adjustable down to 18 ounces...my 338 came from the factory at 18...my 6.5 came set a 4 POUNDS...took about 3 minutes to set it too at 18....I don't like anything less but personal preference for me. The only slight downfall is you have to remove the barreled action....so check it first before mounting your optics....the most annoying fact with the Elite precision is Savage seems to DRAMATICALLY OVERLOOK securing the 20 moa rail....LOCKTITE IT AND TORQUE IT BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE!

These guns Shoot! I have three. 338 impulse Elite Precision, 338 Elite Precision, 6.5 impulse Elite. The 338s gave me, and continue

The trigger is easily adjustable down to 18 ounces...my 338 came from the factory at 18...my 6.5 came set a 4 POUNDS...took about 3 minutes to set it too at 18....I don't like anything less but personal preference for me. The only slight downfall is you have to remove the barreled action....so check it first before mounting your optics....the most annoying fact with the Elite precision is Savage seems to DRAMATICALLY OVERLOOK securing the 20 moa rail....LOCKTITE IT AND TORQUE IT BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE!
Great to know! I see a 338 in my future!

I have the Savage BA stealth in 338 LM, and for me, it shoots well when I do my part. My inly complaint was the trigger, I could never get used to it. Every time I tried my normal trigger pull squeeze, it would reset and lock the trigger. After replacing the trigger with an after-market Timney, it shoots extremely well, assuming I do my part.
I replaced 1 with a Basix Sav2. I've thought about a Timney, but might do a Trigger Tech if there's 1 for a Savage.

Trigger Tech isn't available as of yet for the Savage actions, but I know they had 1 in R&D. I emailed with them about a year ago and they sent me a link to fill out information and be put on a list to be contacted when they might have a trigger available. I have an older 10 FCP 308 Tactical (pre-accu-trigger) that I am running a Rifle Basics Sav-2 and it works great (not a TT or a Jewel, but nice, light and repeatable). I have a 110 Elite Precision in 338 LM that had an accu-trigger that I just couldn't get used to shooting with. I guess it was the way I used my booger picker on the boom stick, but I absolutely hated it. I replaced it with a Jard and I really like it now.

As for the Elite Precision feedback, as that is what the thread is about, it is taking me a bit to like it. I don't remember it being overly dirty, but I remember thinking it looked like it was test fired a few times. I wiped it all down and cleaned it as I would any new rifle. I can shoot the gun well, but I am just not as comfortable behind it as a traditional stock. I have a few custom rifles and primarily use McMillian and Manners and to me, they are just comfortable to me, but probably just what I am used to. I am invested in the Elite Precision and the MDT ACC chassis though and will learn to use it more effective. I put an ABR adjustable bag rider on the rear and using it with a rear Protektor bag designed to be used with the ABR Bag Rider.

If you have a bore scope, don't look down your barrel, because you will be surprised that it groups at all. My Bartlien, Benchmark, Proof and Douglas barrels all look like a mirror and are all hand lapped, but both my savage barrels look like a washboard dirt road in the country.

Trigger Tech isn't available as of yet for the Savage actions, but I know they had 1 in R&D. I emailed with them about a year ago and they sent me a link to fill out information and be put on a list to be contacted when they might have a trigger available. I have an older 10 FCP 308 Tactical (pre-accu-trigger) that I am running a Rifle Basics Sav-2 and it works great (not a TT or a Jewel, but nice, light and repeatable). I have a 110 Elite Precision in 338 LM that had an accu-trigger that I just couldn't get used to shooting with. I guess it was the way I used my booger picker on the boom stick, but I absolutely hated it. I replaced it with a Jard and I really like it now.

As for the Elite Precision feedback, as that is what the thread is about, it is taking me a bit to like it. I don't remember it being overly dirty, but I remember thinking it looked like it was test fired a few times. I wiped it all down and cleaned it as I would any new rifle. I can shoot the gun well, but I am just not as comfortable behind it as a traditional stock. I have a few custom rifles and primarily use McMillian and Manners and to me, they are just comfortable to me, but probably just what I am used to. I am invested in the Elite Precision and the MDT ACC chassis though and will learn to use it more effective. I put an ABR adjustable bag rider on the rear and using it with a rear Protektor bag designed to be used with the ABR Bag Rider.

If you have a bore scope, don't look down your barrel, because you will be surprised that it groups at all. My Bartlien, Benchmark, Proof and Douglas barrels all look like a mirror and are all hand lapped, but both my savage barrels look like a washboard dirt road in the country.
That's a reason for doing a Zermatt as with a barrel nut like Savages and de able to use TT triggers. Just not a Rem fan at all, but it only uses its footprint. Sacrifices

All of the compliments for Savage and the modifications to other brands that used to be called that "UGLY THING WITH THE BARREL NUT" seem so strange after hearing so much criticism for years about their barrel and flopping loose bolt lug system is great and surprising. There was a time when it was ASSUMED that the people who shot them just didn't know any better or couldn't afford any better. My how times change!

The only BA's my dad ever bought were 700's and M70's (to bad he only bought 1). Not sure if all the Rem's are 700 series or 7?? else? He has in Rem's are 222rem, 270win and at 1 time 243win (my brothers's). They shoot fine, but years of shooting all I've been partial to the M70 (pre '64 264wm). The only, but not limited to these/this reason is the 110 had what I was looking for........300wm(ba/le 26" barrel) , also was within the belted mag 264wm range and never owned anything larger than a 26cal. With that model being discontinued I wasn't able to get the 338lm version. Enjoying how well it shot I then bought the stealth version in 300wm and 338lm in the same. I've been building lots of AR's (10's & 15's), so I decided to give a go at BA's. Finding 110's for sale at NSS I now gave 2 more as to build/built with my specs so I can't complain about NOT finding/getting what I want. With powder and primers on hand to develop loads for a finished 264wm and soon to be finished 300wm it's going to be fun! I probably won't building anything bigger than a 338lm (just caliber wise), but might do some other larger or improved case/cartridge design just to burn mire powder;):cool:🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Most likely will build on a different receiver than a 110 for anything bigger than a 30cal, even a 30cal using a .590" bolt face.