Savage 110 FCP H S Precision 300 WM

Out Of State Hunter

Man, am I excited! I just ordered a Savage 110 FCP H S Precision 300 WM! It should be here next week!

Does anyone have experience with this rifle in 300 WM.

I am a decent mid range shooter. I enjoy shooting out to 600 yards but now I am looking to the long range game. I have been wanting to put something together for the sport but found the Savage had done it for me. I hope this performs as well as its 338 Lapua big brother.

I am putting a Lepold VX-3 6.5-20x50 Long Range on top with Mark 4 mounts. I will be sending this in for a TMR reticle later on.

gun)

Well is appears this build is not going to work out. I had ordered this rifle from a place off of Gunbroker and received the wrong rifle. I received the 110 FCP HS Precision but it was the model without the muzzle break and scope base. I am trying to send it back to the seller today. Funny because I had a long email traffic from the seller that assured me I was getting the model I wanted.

This may work out for the best. My local shop just got a Remington 700 5R 300 WM. I am going to go that route if the Savage cant get worked out.

Well is appears this build is not going to work out. I had ordered this rifle from a place off of Gunbroker and received the wrong rifle. I received the 110 FCP HS Precision but it was the model without the muzzle break and scope base. I am trying to send it back to the seller today. Funny because I had a long email traffic from the seller that assured me I was getting the model I wanted.

This may work out for the best. My local shop just got a Remington 700 5R 300 WM. I am going to go that route if the Savage cant get worked out.

I don't believe you recieved the wrong model. Only the 338 LAPUA comes with a muzzle brake and scope base standard from the factory. The other calibers do not include it.

Well that may be the case but I was unaware of it. I was lead to believe that the long action 110 series came with the brake, picatinny and drop mag and the 10 short action did not. Either way the seller assured me that the model I ordered was the juiced up model that I wanted and it was not.

I have normally had good luck with online firearm purchases but not this time. Lesson Learned.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.