Savage 10 .223 vs CZ 527?

laserflat

Okay, I was just wondering what yalls opinion on this was. Im looking at getting a good cheap practice rifle that Ill be reaching out to a max of 500-600 yards with. It will mainly be for practice/learning LR and any chance I get at a coyote, turtle, otter, etc. Ive two specific rifles in mind and theyre both in the 600$ range. Id like to learn the ins and outs of handloading as well with it. The Savage(s) that Ive looked at were already free-floated and seemed to be the better buy. There is a Savage .223 and Savage .243 that are both heavy barrel, free-floated varmint styles and both are in the price range.

Im not planning on putting much money into them and will just be trying to get the most from them as is. What are yalls opinions on CZ 527 rifles?

CZ all the way!

The 527 is a fantastic platform. I have a few CZ rifles and they are darn near perfect out of the box.
Best bang for the buck by far IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.