CZ 527 In 223, Who Has One?

I have one. I use mine on PD's. Great accuracy with 52cgr Berger's and Tac. The set trigger is one of my favorite features on the gun.

I have 3 22 hornet 204 and 223, all 3 are all fine shooters, the triggers usually tune up really nice and crisp, you can modify the trigger guards to accept the flush mount magazines which I prefer, the 223 will put 5 shoots into 6/10's clusters with max chargers of both varget and benchmark with bullets from 40 to 65 gr with no point of impact change.

Nice find-- You will love this rifle! I had my barrel threaded and shoot suppressed but mine loves the 50 grain Vmax and varget. I purchased bulk factory 50 grain Vmax (back when you could do that) and this gun shoots the factory about MOA. My handloads are about .75MOA. I am sure if I played with this more I could get even better but the prairie dogs Im shooting with this rifle dont seem to feel I need more load development!
I agree with some of the other statements about the clip not being flush but honestly its more aesthetic than a functional problem. Enjoy!

I have had two of them in 223 for years. One is the American carbine and the other has a European mannlicher stock. I gave the carbine to my ranch manager to use for coyotes and other varmints. Both 527's shoot just about everything better than I can shoot in field conditions. I like the set triggers. They are very neat little rifles.

You can turn it into a LAZER with Hammer Bullets.
I have one in .22 Hornet, and it is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. Using the set trigger, it shoots well inside 1/2" with FACTORY ammo! I now have one in .223, but haven't shot it for groups yet.

I can ditto belldar. I absolutely love Cz,s and recently bought a 527 in 6.5 Grendel. I can't get it to shoot under 1.5" at 100 yards. The bolt bind is awful, and the magazine is a major pita. The second third and fourth rounds are very hard to load due to the first round canting so bad. Nice fit finish and blue, but if I can't get it to shoot under a1.50" at 100 it's gone. :(

I have a 223/204/22 Hornet/7.62x39 in the 527 and like them all. The 223 and 204 are varmint models and shoot most everything close to 1/2MOA. The 7.62x39 is a carbine and I keep it I scoped but it shoots good that way. The 22 hornet took some major tweaking and didn't shoot decent till I used 6 1/2 Remington primers. Now it shoots around 3/4 MOA. I had a 6.5 Grendel and it wouldn't shoot for anything for some reason (best was 2 MOA). Sent it down the road. Really like the set triggers.
My Grendel shot good but not great until I tried Norma 201. 123 SST bug holes. 28.7 not crimped, 2530 FPS.I filed off the edges of the magazine, smothed out the loading. No more hang ups. It would have worn in over time but I helped it out. It and a 453 Varmint in 22LR may be the only rifles I'll never sell.

Last edited:
I just got my 85 grain Hammers to shoot in the 6.5 Creed, and I will also give them a try in the Grendel as well. Hopefully that's the answer. (lighter bullets) It's perplexing, as my AR15 in 6.5 Grendel shoots the 123 SST's very well.