Savage 10/110 opinions

milkie62

Found a Savage 10/110 HS Precision rifle in 338 Lapua at a local gunshop.Actual gun is on page 26 bottom of the 2016 Savage catalog. $1600 is the selling price.Wondering if anyone has heard anything about these ? Right now locally my max shooting range is around 600+ yds.Only problem is brass seems outrageous at $3/casing at Midway.Thank you Ed

One of the local gun shops had one a while back. It seemed solid, but they had no knowledge of how it shot.

It is one of the lower priced .338LMs out there, so you will not get the quality of a higher end rifle. The one I held wasn't loose, and like I said, it seemed solid.

I've got a Savage 11/111 in .338LM, but it is for blowing large holes in hogs. I've not done any long distance shooting with it, but it will hit a hog like a sledgehammer.

I stocked up on Sellier & Bellot ammo from Cabela's a while back, and got the 10 round boxes for $29 ea, so deals can be found if you look.

I have been out and about at the different shops lately and this caught my eye as a wow factor,but the ammo gave me the yikes factor.I have been looking at the Sendero from recommendations here and from pm messages.I also found the Gunwerks Youtube videos on improving it.Getting close to retirement so I will need to buy all my new toys now and just shoot and reload later.Appreciate the comment and yes was the lowest msrp in the savage catalog.3 more hanguns,a tackdriver 223 for groundhogs,target and coyotes,home defense souped up 500 Mossy shotgun and a long range elk rifle are in my very near future.With a chance of Hillary coming I am trying to cover all my bases very soon.

One of the local gun shops had one a while back. It seemed solid, but they had no knowledge of how it shot.

It is one of the lower priced .338LMs out there, so you will not get the quality of a higher end rifle. The one I held wasn't loose, and like I said, it seemed solid.

I've got a Savage 11/111 in .338LM, but it is for blowing large holes in hogs. I've not done any long distance shooting with it, but it will hit a hog like a sledgehammer.

I stocked up on Sellier & Bellot ammo from Cabela's a while back, and got the 10 round boxes for $29 ea, so deals can be found if you look.

Wish Savage would brag on how good some of their rifles shot like my TC predator and Weatherby Vanguard claim 1" @ 100 yd.

My 11/111 is accurate. I can get 3 holes touching at 120 yards. I live in SC, and with all of the pine trees around here in this part of the state, I don't have access to anything beyond 425 yards. Most of my hunting is under 150 yards. I've love to stretch her legs, but I'll have to wait until I can find somewhere to do it.

Wish Savage would brag on how good some of their rifles shot like my TC predator and Weatherby Vanguard claim 1" @ 100 yd.

I think they did ....

[ame]https://youtu.be/AjtNWwLcZL4?t=244[/ame]

as well as some happy end-users ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/TVMCBEe0E_4?t=3[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/cYOTKrYhvZA?t=1[/ame]

:):Dgun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.