Savage model 10/110

Not sure on the time line put the will make any gun out of the parts they have in shop is what I have gathered.

For instance I was wanting a 11 BTH in 7mag but they don't offer it so I called and they said noproblem and olwould cost m $934 bucks, as to a MSRP of $864 so its not that bad of a deal to have them switch a barrel out.

And this would give you a gun that you can get a stock you want and still has the accutrigger.

Like stated, you need a model 10 stock for a short action or the 110 for a long. There are two styles. The new one has a measurement of 4.4 for center feed short action in the detachable magazine model. I do believe the blind box model is also a 4.4" and center feed also. The older models have a stagard feed and the short action measures 4.27". Just measure as close to center to center of the action screws and that will tell you. As for stocks, you can go McMillian, Manners, and H-S Precision. There is also the XLR and McRee for really nice tactical aluminum chassis. But the best bang for the buck is the Bell & Carlson Medalist A2.

However... if you want a really good stock with pricing options that give you a Savage specific built product, then Stockade Stocks is the way to go hands down. Kevin Rayhill is top notch when it comes to Savage built rifles and his quality of products. My cousin uses his Prairie Dog/Tactical stock. It is a very nice stock. He just ordered another for his wife's F-Class gun he is building her. He offers three models. The money saver (need to skim coat with body filler, sand, prime and paint), Pre-primed, and finished stock which is about a $150 dollar difference from the money saver. He has many different options that can customize the stock to fit you.

Now don't get me wrong, the other companies can do that for you too, but I really admire Kevin for his customer service. If you call him to order, be prepared to talk for a while. He is a talker.:D When I get around to building another rifle, I am going to use his Groundhog stock model or the benchrest model.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.