Sako TRG42

Sledneck

Excause me for not spelling right,(i am from Sweden).Does anyone have experiense with the 338 Lapua magnum.I am really impressed by the caliber but not ready to buy one. The price is doubbled here in Sweden compared to USA.

Thank you gonehuntingagain´.I like the photos but my favourit veapon is the Sako Trg 42.I need some comment's about my new varmint rifle, a Tikka T3 Super varmint 22-250.
I'am new at the forum,so please be patient with me.

Sledneck: Welcome aboard, I hope you find the help you need. I'm sure some one will come along and give you the help your looking for. It may take some time. Have you visited the SAKO web-site? Do not worry about this language thing as I don't do Swedish, however you seem to do vary well with this American-English! I do hope you enjoy the help you will find here!

hi, sledneck well come to the site. I have the sako trg 42 in 338 lapua. I think it is the bests out of the box gun you can buy. my gun will shoot 3.5 inch (8.5 cm)groups at 800 yards!!! all day long /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif best goup at 800yds 1.5" 3 shots . the gun loves 250 scenar bullets with 4831 IMR powder. the only thing i don't like is, that i have to clean the gun ever 20-25 rounds to get great groups. after 25 rounds the groups go to sh-t. i am hoping it gets better in time.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.