Sako Finnlight 260

Truk505

I've have a question about the Finnlight in 260rem for anyone who owns one. They seem like a nice enough rifle but only have a 20-1/4" barrel. Will this be enough pipe to get adequate performance for medium to long range shots on deer-elk size game with a 120-130gr bullet? With a 1-8 twist in a 20-1/4" barrel, will it be able to stabilize a 140gr bullet?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Is this question posted in the wrong section, or is a 20" barrel in a 260rem extremely rare?

I've have a question about the Finnlight in 260rem for anyone who owns one. They seem like a nice enough rifle but only have a 20-1/4" barrel. Will this be enough pipe to get adequate performance for medium to long range shots on deer-elk size game with a 120-130gr bullet? With a 1-8 twist in a 20-1/4" barrel, will it be able to stabilize a 140gr bullet?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

A 20 inch with 1:8 twist will stabilize a 140 gr with no problem. You give up a bit of velocity but not much. My 20 inch shoots 127 gr LRX at about 2750 fps with a pretty mild load. It is a great round out to at least 600 yd IMO.

A 20 inch with 1:8 twist will stabilize a 140 gr with no problem. You give up a bit of velocity but not much. My 20 inch shoots 127 gr LRX at about 2750 fps with a pretty mild load. It is a great round out to at least 600 yd IMO.

Thank you, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.