Sako 75 SS-300 RUM - question

Ftothfadd

Dear all,

So I'm in a difficult situation. I have a 300rum sako 75 SS in Hungary. Currently I live in MN.... I guess you start to see the problem. The gun is practically new, barely broken in (29 rounds so far), and I love it. It has a burris black diamond illuminated 2.5-10 x50 w LRS reticle on it.
So the questions are:
-how much would you think this gun would sell for here (impeccable 100% condition)? I may have to see how much it would sell in Hungary and purchase something similar here.
-could anybody advice me an FFL holder here in MN who could help me to get the gun to here in the US if I fly it over. I understand I would need some 6a forms completed by the FFL holder by the time I land with the gun. How much would it cost?
- or what would you do?
Thanks for the help, and sympathy :)) I'm missing my favorite rifle...

Dear all,

So I'm in a difficult situation. I have a 300rum sako 75 SS in Hungary. Currently I live in MN.... I guess you start to see the problem. The gun is practically new, barely broken in (29 rounds so far), and I love it. It has a burris black diamond illuminated 2.5-10 x50 w LRS reticle on it.
So the questions are:
-how much would you think this gun would sell for here (impeccable 100% condition)? I may have to see how much it would sell in Hungary and purchase something similar here.
-could anybody advice me an FFL holder here in MN who could help me to get the gun to here in the US if I fly it over. I understand I would need some 6a forms completed by the FFL holder by the time I land with the gun. How much would it cost?
- or what would you do?
Thanks for the help, and sympathy :)) I'm missing my favorite rifle...
If you are a legal resident of the US and you travel with the gun there's no need to involve an FFL dealer since you already own it.

If you are just having it shipped over any local gunshop could help you with that.

As far as the value, you'd just have to look at GunBroker and maybe Guns International and Armslist to see what similar models are selling for.

Thanks for the reply. I am a legal US resident (in fact soon to be citizen). unfortunately flying to the us with the gun is still considered 'import' and necessitates some paperwork, per my conversation with ATF...
in theory it should be a fairly simple, single doc (6A) which should be handled by any FFL holders but nobody seems to be familiar with it...
Any mor ideas?
Thanks, Ferenc

Thanks for the reply. I am a legal US resident (in fact soon to be citizen). unfortunately flying to the us with the gun is still considered 'import' and necessitates some paperwork, per my conversation with ATF...
in theory it should be a fairly simple, single doc (6A) which should be handled by any FFL holders but nobody seems to be familiar with it...
Any mor ideas?
Thanks, Ferenc
Ahh. Well welcome, hope you like the place!

If it were me I'd just call the ATF and find out exactly what forms are required and the steps to take. I would imagine it's more of a customs issue than ATF issue but knowing our government both probably have their fingers in the pie.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts