Sako 75 Stock?

slhunter23

I have a Sako 75 300WSM. It is a custom Rifle that wears a Semi-Heavy Hart Barrel. The rifle is fairly heavy and it shoots well and I enjoy hunting and shooting with it. Problem is it is a little too heavy for hunting.

The factory stock is bedded very nicely but I would like to lose some weight if I could. I am considering a new lighter stock. I understand I don't want something too light to where it becomes a handful but there has to be something out there lighter than the factory that will work. Does anyone have any suggestions on what stock to get?
I also plan on having the bolt fluted. Any suggestions on anyone that Flutes Sako Bolts?

Thanks in advance. Slhunter23

Your best bet would be a McMillan with Edge fill, but overall you won't save much weight with the stock alone.

The Sako magazine is fairly heavy, you might try a custom blind magazine option rather than bothering to flute the bolt.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.